[276-2184] - Advanced Gear Kit
This Advanced Gear Kit contains several gear types designed to help you build advanced mechanical systems.
The rack gear will mount on any VEX metal component and mesh with any VEX gear to create linear motion systems.
The worm gears allow users to create very high reduction gearing in a small package; these gears will also resist "back driving" which may be useful in some applications.
The kit comes with several bevel gears which allow designers to transfer motion "around corners"; you can change the axis of motion by 90 degrees. These bevel gears can also be used with the differential frame to build a differential. This can be utilized to create more efficient "car style" drivetrains.
- Create Linear Motion with the Rack Gears.
- Transfer Motion 90 degrees with Bevel Gears.
- Add a Differential to your Drivetrain.
- Get a high-reduction with the Worm Gears.
- Increase design possibilities for your robots.