[276-2250] - High Strength Gear Kit
This High Strength Gear Kit provides several new gears with features to handle higher loads. Each of these gears has a wider face width; this means each tooth is wider so applied loads will be spread over a larger area.
The 12-tooth High Strength Gear is molded out of powdered metal. The 36-tooth and 60-tooth Gears have powdered metal inserts. These metallic components will protect the gear from high loads applied by a VEX axle.
- High strength gears mate with all VEX spur gears.
- Double-thick face width provides added tooth strength.
- Metal Square Hole Inserts prevent axles from "stripping".
- Use metal pinions for high strength where it counts.
- Use the round-hole inserts to build free spinning idler gears.
- Build gearboxes that resist high shock-loads.
- Bolt Gears together for added strength.